Do you love to travel but also not breaking the bank? Why spend more than you have to? After all, this could add up to a trip! (I always compare prices to potential trip costs. Is that just me?)
One of the best times to save on travel deals is during the Black Friday and Cyber days and you don’t need to leave your home for that. No need to race into stores and fight over reduced items.
To help you snatch all the best travel discounts, I put together an overview of the best deals. Remember to share with good friends so they know where to save those $$$ as well.
**** This post isn’t sponsored nor commissioned but contains affiliate links. If you book anything from them, this doesn’t cost you anything but might give me a little commission to help keep this free blog full of more travel tips and me fuelled with chocolate to keep writing. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. ****
The Black and Cyber weekend runs from 29 Nov to 2 Dec 2019.
76% Off My Travel Books
Did you know I wrote a book? (Well two books because I translated it into German and wrote a sequel. In German Only.) It’s about the incredulous but very real and often somewhat scary experiences I’ve had during my Australia travels.
You can get the kindle version on Amazon from 27 Nov (AM PST) to the end of 2 Nov (12AM PST) for only $0.99!! Order here.
60% Off Tourradar
There are many tour groups out there but I prefer those targeted at a young audience. Those are the funnest kind, not so serious and full of adventurous people from across the world.
In Australia I went on a lot of tours to remote areas – where I wouldn’t want to go alone as a solo traveller – and had the best of times with my new “road families”.
Tourradar, one of the biggest youth tour organisers out there. Save up to 60% on a tour between Nov 27 – Dec 2!
And if you sign up for their newsletter, you get their more than 3000 deals (!) a day in advance. (Just don’t forget to click on my affiliate first before booking.)
40% Off Booking
If you’re planning a trip over the coming months and haven’t booked your accommoation yet, fear not. There are great Black Friday deals on Booking.com.
Plus: If you book now, you can always change the dates later at no additional costs. I love that about Booking and use it all the time, too. The booking time frame is: 27 November to 31 March 2020.
35% Off Eurail
If you always wanted that Europe adventure, hitting various big cities on the continent, then Eurail is the way to go. It’s not cheap, so take advantage of the discounts on Eurail Pass from STA Travel.
25% Off Get Your Guide
Get Your Guide has risen rapidly because they offer a huge variety of small group and private tours around the world.
They are more focused on day trips rather than week-long trips, therefore focusing more on local areas rather than covering a lot of ground in a short time (which can be exhausting). It’s more about slow travel and I love it.
Their special deals will run only this Friday 29 Nov. Get them here. Below are some examples of what awaits you.
- Harry Potter London Tour
- Skip the Line Versailles Tour
- Sagrada Familia Priority Ticket
- Street food tour through Rome
70% Off Travel Prints
I also draw travel prints! You can browse my digital designs online. As is to be expected, it’s travel related. I am making handdrawn city skylines and illustrations, from countries such as Japan, Korea, Australia, Germany and many others.
They aren’t physical copies. In my personal experience of ordering prints, I found it quite expensive because of added customs taxes I had to pay when picking them up. So I skipped that and you can print them to your own liking.
For the black and cyber weekend, slashed prices by 70% from November 27 to Dec 2 here.
40% Off G Adventures
For more adventurous (but not too adrenaline filled) group tours around the world with a major provider, check out the special STA Travel Exclusive: Up to 40% off G Adventures tours.
Need a ride? Hertz operates globally and is a reliable car rental services. Take advantage of their current deals. Unlimited Weekend Special ends December 31, 2019
How awesome is it that even airlines are cutting off chunks of their flight prices for Black Friday? No matter if you are flying budget airline or regular ones, there is something to be had for everyone.
In case of doubt, you can always get a flight for the time you think you will be able to fly and potentially change flight dates later for a small fee. That might still be cheaper than missing out on the flight deal and booking later.
(Check out my guide on the best flight timing for destinations around the world. It is quite a project to stay up to date on flight monitoring, after all.)
- Air France: now until Dec 2 (travel period: December 7 to March 31, 2020)
- KLM: now until Dec 2 (travel period: December 7 to March 31, 2020)
- To be expected: Skyscanner, Ryanair, Air Lingus, Cathay Pacific, Virgin
- $30 off Qatar Airways Student & Youth Airfare Worldwide. Use Code: QATAR30
- $15 off LATAM Airlines Student & Youth Airfare to South America. Use Code: LATAM15
If you are still looking for travel deals on Christmas gifts, Amazon is a great all-in-one stop for books, electronics, décor, clothes and entertainment. I seriously always get sucked into a rabbit hole once I head over, which is why I am making myself a “battle plan” before typing in the URL.
I suggest you do the same: write down what you ACTUALLY want to buy. Make Amazon gift lists, put stuff in your cart and then later see what of these things you can afford and want to buy after all. I wrote a few guides on the best travel related items in case you need some inspiration.
- The best travel cameras or vlogging cameras for affordable but professional looking travel photography. (Here’s my quick guide on easy photo composition and pro tricks.)
- The best drones for (relatively) lightweight travel can also be found on Amazon. Drones give you the opportunity to take photos and videos from a bird’s eye perspective and make every trip documentation even more memorable.
- The best travel books to spark your wanderlust, get your travelling in your head and inspire your next epic trip.
- The best travel films to take your breath away with stunning cinematography, riveting story lines and that general good feeling after having watched a life changing story. Gotta love series and movies.
- The best gifts for Japan lovers in case your loved ones are obsessed with all things Japan, manga, kawaii and Japanese homemade cuisine.
- The best gifts for Romania lovers for your next Balkan trip. The Balkans are THE coolest spot to visit in 2019. It’s so affordable to travel there, people are incredibly friendly, food is yummy and there are so many stunning sites!
Global Wifi Hotspot
I personally love being connected to the internet wherever I go. Not just because it’s part of my job description.
Who’s got time to get local sim cards and compare prices when you are only staying abroad for a short time, amirite? So I am really happy for my sponsored skyroam hotspot, which can connect you to the internet in over 130 countries!
They are running special package/gift deals starting Tuesday, November 26! Click here.