I have made a fierce resolution. I want to travel the USA with only a carry on. Jep, that’s right. The one who carried a monster of 20-25kg at any given time for a year with her has gone all daring and will change her erroneous wanderer ways. Since a lot of you might shake their heads, be intrigued or are just plain interested in packing ‘the right way’, I’ll share my master plan with you.
- Credit card: I got a great one without ATM fees worldwide. Also, keep the emergency hotline written down and saved in your phone.
- Money: Hidden in different areas in case of an emergency.
- Passport: Duh!
- Laptop and phone: My life source.
- Charging cables and adapter: To keep my life source alive.
- Camera, batteries, SD cards and charger: My best travel buddy.
- Tissues and hand sanitiser: You know public toilets…
- Shampoo: Can be used both for hair and body. No need to pack a whole load of fancy things.
- Washing liquid tube: Saving laundry costs by washing it in the washing basin.
- Insurance card: keep a copy in all your bags and safe the emergency numer in your phone
- Emergency numbers: I keep a little note with emergency numbers in every bag I take with me.
- Baliloca Purse: To keep my cash and cards safe in style and in a safer way. (A big thanks again to Baliloca who sent me over one purse so I could try it out for you, guys. Honest verdict: super handy.)
- Water Bottle with a filter: To drink tap water without a horrible taste.
- Safety lock: For lockers and to keep you luggage extra safe.
- 2 Favourite Necklaces: A statement piece goes a long way and can spice up boring and repetitive outfits.
- Scarf: Versatile travel superstars. Use them as a pillow, to warm your neck, to tie up unruly hair or just look awesome.
- Hat: Because I can’t live without them.
- A ring: Which I hopefully will not lose again or forget to put on in the first place.
- 3 long sleeve shirts: It might get chilly up ‘north’.
- 2 T-Shirts: Sun, please come out!
- 1 pair of jeans: For colder days.
- 1 shorts: Florida, here I come!
- 1 windproof jacket: A jacket is good, windproof is better.
- 1 pair of hiking shoes: Because I will walk a lot.
- 1 pair of flip-flops: For beach strolls and showers in hostels and hotels
- underwear for 8 days
- Ear Plugs: Against noise on the plane and hostels. Also good during takeoff when your ears go weird.
- Sleeping mask: To lock out light and sleep faster.
- Inflatable neck pillow: You’ll regret it if you don’t have one.
- Snacks: I am hungry. All. The. Time.
- Notepad and pen: for doodling and writing down sudden bursts of inspiration.
- 1 bag: I don’t run around with a suitcase all day.
And that’s it! But rest assured I surely will buy stuff along the way, especially when I run out of hygiene stuff, see a nice postcard or ‘souvenir’. So do you think I can pull this off? Oh, and before I forget, I have made a handy PDF for you as a checklist.
“So do you think I can pull this off?”
Yes, of course you can! :D :D
Freu mich schon und bin sehr gespannt auf deine Beiträge von deiner US of A Reise!
Travel on the Brain says
Hehe, thanks. :)