Osaka is found in Japan’s Kansai region, and is the 3rd biggest city in the country. This is a busy city that thrives with millions of people and is also considered one of Japan’s oldest cities.
The area has plenty of sights and experiences to explore. Read on for suggestions on districts that you should not miss plus the best hotels in Osaka, ranging from affordable picks to more luxurious options.
**** This post isn’t sponsored nor commissioned but contains affiliate links. If you book anything from them, this doesn’t cost you anything but might give me a little commission to help keep this free blog full of more travel tips and me fuelled with chocolate to keep writing. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. ****
More Japan travel tips
- How to plan a 2 week trip through Japan
- The best cafes in Osaka you can’t miss
- Visit Shitennoji Temple and Shinsekai
- How to make Osaka okonomiyaki
- The best local Osaka Food
Osaka Castle Area – Recommended for Culture Lovers
The Castle area of the city is the go-to spot for tourists. If culture and history are a big part of your Japan travel, Osaka’s Castle area is the way to go. You will find the main Osaka attraction, namely Osaka Castle and its Osaka Castle Park, here plus some of the best hostels in Osaka.
CharinCo Hostel Osaka
If you are searching for cheap hotels, Osaka has exceptional hostels that might be of interest. The CharinCo Hostel Osaka has can’t-miss single rooms with balcony for solo travelers. You have to be quick with the reservations though because it’s always sold out.
- Location: 4-minute walk from Tanimachiyonchome station, Osaka Itami Airport is 13 km away.
- Perks: free bicycle use, free Wi-Fi, laundry and tea/coffeemaker in every room.
Hotel Monterey La Soeur Osaka
The list of Osaka best hotels often includes the Hotel Monterey La Soeur. Single rooms are non-smoking only. This is a contemporary hotel that offers a restaurant and spa for guests’ convenience.
- Location: a 5-minute walk from the Kyobashi station
Hotel New Otani Osaka
Both locals and travellers alike agree that the Hotel New Otani is one of the most impressive hotels Osaka has to offer. It’s situated smack dab in front of the Osaka Castle, presenting beautiful views of the castle and the city. The place offers single rooms for solo travelers, too.
- Location: Osaka station is 10-minute train ride away, 75-minute train ride from Kansai International Airport
- Perks: Private bath, free Wi-Fi, tea and coffeemaker, a minibar
Minami Area – Discover Osaka Fare and Nightlife
This district is home to the city’s nightlife. The place brims with the best restaurants in Osaka and the food in town is so good! In fact, you have to eat takoyaki and okonomiyaki and this area is a great place to get introduced to these two dishes.
HOTEL Unizo Osaka Shinsaibashi
Located just 4 minutes away from the Shinsaibashi station, the Hotel Unizo is one of the hotels in Osaka, Japan offering solo non-smoking rooms if you want extra privacy.
- Location: 4-minute walk away from Shinsaibashi Station, Osaka Itami Airport is 40-minute train ride away
- Perks: Air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, en suite bathroom, a telephone
Cross Hotel Osaka
Still on the hunt for the best hotel in Osaka? This Michelin Guide-recommended spot is another great-value-for-the-money find especially for solo travelers who want privacy during their Japan stay.
- Location: Namba subway station is a 3-minute walk from hotel, 40-minute train ride to Kansai International Airport
- Perks: Free Wi-Fi, private bath, fridge, air purifier, hair dryers, bath amenities
Swissotel Nankai Osaka
The best of Osaka often includes the Swissôtel Nankai. Looking for good business hotels in Osaka? It provides a host of luxe offerings for jetlagged businessfolk from a relaxing indoor pool, seven dining options and a spa.
- Location: 20-minute subway ride to Namba station from Shin-Osaka bullet train (shinkansen) station
- Perks: Free Wi-Fi, complimentary smartphone, spa, indoor pool and dining options
Osaka Bay Area – Exciting Sights and Sounds
Get yourself entertained for hours on end with the sights and sounds of the Osaka Bay area. The best of Osaka will always consist of traveller favorites like the Universal Studios Japan and Tempozan.
The Blend Inn – Studio
Incomparable budget hotels in Osaka also take in the Blend Inn – Studio. This is a hotel with chic, trendy architecture where guests can check an art gallery or lounge on an on-site garden or rooftop. Staff are eager to help out with nearby tourist attractions and restaurants, too.
- Location: 7 minutes away from Nishikujo station, 7-minute walk from JR Nishikujo Station
- Perks: Complimentary beverages, washing machine, bicycle rentals, shared kitchen and dining room, bath facilities
Hotel Universal Port
For hotels in Osaka, Japan that offer great value, the city has the Hotel Universal Port. It’s just minutes away from the Universal Studios Japan. A restaurant, modern rooms with free Wi-Fi and a massage service await guests as well.
- Location: 20-minute away from Osaka Station
- Perks: Free Wi-Fi, massage services, bathroom, fridge, TV and an electric kettle
Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel
The Osaka Marriot Miyako Hotel belongs to the best hotels in Osaka and offers direct access to the Tennoji Station, an advantage of staying in this plush hotel. Luxury rooms present breathtaking views of the city, a fitness centre, shopping at the Kintetsu Department store which is just several floors away, a restaurant and more.
- Location: 10-minute ride from Namba Station
- Perks: Free Wi-Fi, Sealy beds, coffee machine, minibar, ironing facilities, en suite bathroom
More from the Japan blog: